Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spiral Brim Hat

This is a knitted hat with a spiral brim. I got the pattern here: http://helpinghearts0.tripod.com/id7.html
I had a little problem with it. I cast on 80 stitches like the pattern says for the adult size. For the brim to make the spiral the pattern has to move over one stitch on each round. If you cast on 80 it will move over 2 stitches. You have to cast on a multiple of 6 plus or minus 1. So I did 79 stitches and it worked fine. If you want the spirals to go the other direction cast on 77 stitches. The only other problem I had is that 6 inches from the beginning to start decreasing is too short for an adult hat. I had to go 8 inches from the beginning before I started before I started to decrease. I used Red Heart Soft and size 8 needles.

No comments: