Saturday, January 14, 2006

Pineapple Tote bag and afghans



I found a pattern I really like on the Panda Crochet website. http://www.pandacrochet.8m.com/ It is the Panda Pineapple 12-inch square. I used Red Heart Super Saver Spruce and Pale Yellow. Then I didn't know what I should do with them. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make another afghan so I made a tote bag. I crocheted around the squares and made the handle of yellow and green. I lined it with some yellow material I already had. It came out really good. I will use it for books when I go to book club meetings.
I will be needing to make more afghans after all. On Thursday I brought Cynthia a bag of 11 hats, 11 scarves, and 2 afghans. Lawrence went to the 9th ward this morning and gave out a bunch of stuff. Everything in the bag went. Cynthia said one lady started to cry because she was so touched that someone made this by hand for her. Now that I know that it is still needed and appreciated I will make more.

No comments: